• I will use the most environmentally friendly products among paints, anti-foulings, paint remover, detergents, etc, that are available and work efficiently;
• I will instantly report pollution or other violation of environmental regulations to the authorities;
• I will not use forbidden fishing practice and I will respect periods when fishing is prohibited;
• I will protect animals and plants in the sea, including no disturbance of breeding birds, seals or other marine mammals;
• I will respect vulnerable and nature protected areas;
• I will avoid disturbing fishery or fishing gear;
• I will not buy or use objects made from protected species or from archaeological underwater findings;
• I will encourage other sailers also to take care of the environment.
HOW TO GET THE BLUE FLAG FOR BOATS
The design of the national environmental code of conduct varies from country to country.
The Russian version environmental code of conduct for obtaining the Blue Flag for Boats is available through the organisation Keep Saint-Petersburg Tidy that is the responsible organisation for Blue Flag Campaign in Russia.
The sailers flying the individual Blue Flag will be updated about the Blue Flag Campaign.